Christmas Decorating Contest
Visit Longview and the Longview Hospitality and Tourism Association (LHTA) invite Longview businesses to participate in a Christmas Decorating Contest. This year's theme is "It's a Small World" and we look forward to seeing your interpretation. We hope to bring awareness of your business to our local community and to encourage them to support you. We also hope to bring some beauty to our community as they enjoy the colorful creations. Cash prizes will be awarded in the amount of $500 for first place voter's choice, $250 for second place voter's choice, and $250 for the creative excellence Hallmark Award that includes holding a trophy for the year.
How to Participate as a Business:
To participate in the free contest, businesses are encouraged to complete a simple registration form and then decorate your storefront. We will place your information on our Visit Longview site to encourage others to visit you. If you want to participate, but don’t wish to be part of the contest, we welcome that, too.
The rules are simple:
- Business must be in the Longview city limits.
- Decorations must be family friendly, visible from outside, and stay up through the end of December.
- If at all possible, decorations should be visible after closing time for those who view after hours.
- Deadline to register your business for the contest is midnight on Nov. 15, 2021.
- Decorations should be viewable starting Dec. 1, 2021.
- Contest and voting runs from Dec. 1, 2021 to midnight Dec. 19, 2021.
- Winner will be announced online on Dec. 21, 2021.